Not all projects go as planned. From bidding to completion, issues arise onsite (and off) that require constant attention and an intimate understanding of construction law. From counseling and advice during construction, to aggressive advocacy in litigation, our construction lawyers have handled major construction claims (prosecuting and defending), and are thoroughly familiar with what it takes to minimize exposure and ensure our clients are paid in full. We have handled delay claims, claims for extra work and cost overruns, surety disputes, default termination, defended against liquidated damage claims (and enforced the assessment thereof), and pursued mechanics’ lien and stop notice remedies. We have decades of trial experience as well as alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration.
We represent contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and owners in a wide variety of private and public construction matters at the federal, state, and local level. In both private and public contexts, our attorneys are skilled in advising clients during all phases of construction, from pre-construction through project completion. The principal areas of our construction practice include Construction Project Documents, Construction Litigation, and Public and Private Works counseling and litigation.
Representative matters we have successfully handled for our clients:
- Bid Disputes
- Subletting and Subcontracting Fair Practices Act
- Subcontractor Listing/Replacement/Mitigation
- Contract Formation and Negotiation
- Extra Work/Direct and Consequential Damage and Delay Claims (Defense and Prosecution)
- Assessment/Defense of Liquidated Damages for Delay
- Stop Payment Notices/Mechanic’s Liens
- Payment and Performance Bond Claims/Miller Act Claims
- Design Defects/Cost Overruns